Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly
I had a contact list full of names that were not assigned to a group. Apparently, in my wisdom, I removed the Groups from the phone before populating the contact list with a VCF file downloaded from the Evolution contacts in Ubuntu.
Unfortunately, when I wanted to set up a group, the phone would display “Andriod.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly” each time. Gmail worked fine. Therefore, this problem is due to the missing groups – Friends, Work, Family. To overcome the error, do the following steps:
- Menu -> Settings -> Accounts and Sync -> Uncheck Background data and also Auto-sync
- Export your contacts to a VCF. Click on Contacts -> Menu -> Import/Export -> Export to SD Card
- Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Click All -> Contacts Storage. Click on Clear, then Clear Cache and Clear Data. You will see message that says “Attention! All Contacts data on the phone will be lost!”.
- Turn on sync again by Menu -> Settings -> Accounts and Sync -> Check Auto-sync.
- Import the Contacts VCF file you saved to your SD Card.
Import the Contacts VCF file you saved to your SD Card.
And you will see the 3 default groups Friends, Work and Family. Now when you click Groups in your Contacts, you will not get the “Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly” error.